NewUse were lucky to get this family volunteering for us this summer. They arrived in Hikkaduwa in June, and have put so much work and effort into the NewUse shop in that time.
At the time when they planned to be in Sri Lanka, we really needed help in cleaning and organising the shop and some repairs. This family was the perfect match, as they like physical work and are not afraid to get their hands dirty. Check out some of the work they have been doing this summer:
* They cleaned and organised the shop and all the donations. Really needed!
* They painted the shelf and our donation box.
* They repaired a door, sign board and much more.
* They made a new wall display for the shopping bags, og cinnamon wood and coconut ropes.
* Same materials and design was used when making a new clothes rack. It really looks nice in our shop!
* They worked in the shop, selling second hand clothes and eco friendly products.
* They joined the beach cleanups in Hikkaduwa Beach.
* They represented NewUse in the Galle Fort Market. Read more about this HERE.
Thank you so much for all your help,
and for all your smiles and positivity!
Hans Jacob, Ingun, Ola and Silje